18 Mar 2007

Walking in Sydney...

Today has been the big day. Harbour Bridge birthday. And I have to admit, that old lady (I asume she's a lady ^^) seems to be in good shape. Hundreds of thousands of people walked over the Harbour Bridge today, wearing that yellow/green shiny cap and celebrating themselves and the bridge....looked pretty cool. Even though I have to admit that it sounds a bit weird, celebrating a bridge. But, at first, it is a really really impressive building. And when you're in front of it, you're really wondering how somebody could built something like that. And, at second, who cares if there is a reason to party? ;)
I started my Party-Walk at Darling Harbour where the first Entertainment Stage was located and then headed towards the Bridge (crossing the Rocks where the next entertainment section has been) and the Opera. And then all the way back, 'cause there have been a lot of cool events on my way. For example those street performers. Some of them have been really really cool (and some not ;) ). The two best have been Amy M. who puts herself into a 60 inch glass box (and did some other cool stuff) and Crazy Bruce who juggled knifes, torches (on a bed of nails) and made jokes about Germans (so did Amy - I don't know why ^^).
The weather has been pretty fine so far. A short shower but that was all...so cool celebration weather :)

Right now my feat are burning and I'm glad to sit here at everywhere internet (which is a pretty stupid name, 'cause there are only two cafes here in sydney ;-) ) But hopefully I won't have to come here very often. Tomorrow the guys from the flat in Darlinghurst will call me. Lets see what they tell me. And I'm going to have a look at a flat in Bondi Junction which sounded really cool too. So looking forward to the next week ;-)

And now...celebrate good times...come on :)

0 Kommentare: