22 Apr 2007

isn't it ironic, don't you think?

What I had to realize during the last weeks was, being funny or even ironic is much more difficult in other languages. Sometimes you don't get the right words and all of a sudden people look at you like you're from mars or, even worse, from the usa ;-) Had this experience now quite a few times...espacially when the poeple don't expect you, as a foreigner, to be funny. So they often think you really mean what you say...or, if they're not sure, there's this pause within a conversation where the other part thinks "should I lough or was he serious this time?". I really think there have been some situations until now where people thought "bloody german.." ;-) Maybe it's even worse because we Germans are said to have no sense of humor...but, as you know me, I can't stop making some stupid jokes or being ironic and sarcastic...so I have to learn how to use those 2 elements proper within the english language and the Aussies have to get used to German jokes ;-)

No worries ^^

0 Kommentare: