22 Apr 2007

murder she wrote

Saturday, time to go out, have fun and party...or something like that ;-)

But lets start at the beginning...once again I decided to start the day at the wonderful royal botanic garden. lying in the sun, sandwiches, juice and a marvellous view at the opera and harbour bridge. still great :)afterwards I met with a friend of mine to attend the smartARTs festival in chippendale. Was pretty complicated to meet since I thought we meet in front of the festival and she thought we meet at central..but after some txt msgs and a call we finally made it ;-) and then we were on our way to the festival for YOUNG artists (young was very important in that case)...at first the festival consisted of one stage. starring a band wit some 13 yo kids...and some tents with overpriced, kid drawn, cartoons and stuff like that...what a festival ;-) and great too, 4-5 kids looking like coming straight outta "Lord of the rings" and behaving like this...thx Mr. Tolkien ;-)
Well, after spending some hours (well it have been minutes but felt like hours ;) ) at this great festival for YOUNG "artists" we decided to have a walk to newtown...was pretty nice actually, nice place during daytime...looked nice...then we went back to the city, dinner, darling harbour....(I know you can't hear it anymore, but I still love it down there!) and then, again, back to Newtown "watching strange people"...aaaaaand my "guide" (no, I won't say it in german ^^) was right...there they've been. The "strange" people. Dressed up like I've hardly seen before...and everybody with this distincitve smile and look in the eyes (nooooo I'm not stereotyping ;-) )...we stayed there for a while, watched some percussion artitsts on the street and then went back to the city again. The Rocks...then some Club in the CBD...and finally, at about 4:30, town hall stairs ;-)
Finally I got my bus back home at 5:10 and arrived at about 5:40 at my home busstop. But I couldn't go in because the police fenced off the complete sidewalk in front of our house and the neighbours...so I just went to the next police officer and asked if I could just pass in order to get home...but he told me, that it's not possible...so I asked, slightly confused, "really, oh, uhm, how long will it take?"...the answer was "don't know. Few more hours..." and I replied again "really? hm...uhm...at which time? could you tell me?..." answer:"hm...6 or 7 I guess..." I was getting more and more confused..."well, uhm, yeah, really? hm. that's not so good...hm..."...after a few moments the cop started to smile "just joking, mate...I'll take you there.." maaaaaaan....police officers are NOT supposed to be funny. I am German. Funny and police doesn't fit together in the same context. No way ;-) Then he wished my a nice night and said "have a great night, mate...and please make sure not to step on the blood traces..."
In the end it turned out that some guy has been stabbed on the sidewalk during the night..not quite sure why and how exactly (check the news in the net!) but to be honest, I don't wanna know exactly...but at least my first closer contact with the cops had been funny, in a way (guess more for them ;-) )

0 Kommentare: