23 June 2007

Animal Farm

Soho. Saturday night, almost at sleep. But before a brief overview over the past 48 hours ;-)

Friday started pretty cool. Meaning the day started pretty sunny, as usual in the morning I was walking towards the ocean when going to the busstop and afterwards I had a short walk through the park before going to work. Work itself passed pretty quickly since my new project is pretty much ok and everything's going fine atm.

After work I then met with Christina and we had some dinner. And again it was Foodcourt time. Market City. Yeeeeehaaa ;-) But this time it wasn't Thai Thai Thai but Indian cousine. Veeerrrryyy good too :)

When we finished dinner at Chinatown we headed back to George St. and then entered the next Gloria Jeans for the best hot chocolate in town (yeah, even if they're owend by the Hillsong Church, they still make damn good hot chocolate). So we sat there, outside!!! and enjoyed the sweet taste and the warm feeling this nice drink delivered :) But, since such a chocolate usually doesn't last long we, once more, headed back to George St and wanted to look for a nice bar where we can have a drink and met some of Christina's friends. So I suggested to have a look at the 3 wise monkeys. I know I know, it's pretty much of a tourist attraction, but even though it's still a cool place :) So we headed to the 3 monkeys and, for the first time in Sydney, I didn't had to show my ID ;-)
Being there we then had a pretty nice evening and I came up to met her friends. The funny thing, two of them, who are living here for about one year now, are together. So when they arrived I started talking to them and then, of course, the question came up 'where are you from?'. And when I said Würzburg, they both went like 'oooooh noooooo really??!!! - we both are from Würzburg too...' Maaaaaan. The world's to small ;-) So they told me that Kerstin is from Würzburg and Basti studied there...unbelievable ;-) The other two guys I met then this evening haven't been from Würzburg - fortunatly =) But was quite interesting talking to so much doctors at one time ;-)

Then, when I came home at night I just wanted to check my mails and realized that our landlord put the router downstairs in the flat of the others. As a result of this the connection up here was terribly bad and I wasn't able to check mails....after complaining about it today he wrote me a sms saying it's working now...well...the connection is still very bad but at least I can check mails. He wrote: 'The router is now positioned perfecttly...' and that from a guy who isn't able, without joking, to go online without any help....nice!

But anyway. This morning I got up at about 9 am, had a shower and then went to the city. Just visited the Opera, had some sandwiches for breakkie down there and then met with Daniel, Reese and Christina again for our zoo adventure.

It started with entering the Taronga Zoo Ferry. And, luckily we got some nice places on it so that we could see the opera, circular quay and the skyline in a perfect way while leaving the harbour.

After arriving at the Mosman Zoo platform we bought our Tickets and went straight to the entrence - by cable car! That was pretty cool 'cause one was able to some cool animals right beyond oneself. Niiiiceeee (insider ;-) ). Then we slowly made our way through the Zoo which is really pretty cool designed. It has not that many animals as a Loro Parque or Parque de Aquilás (look at my pix ;-) ) for example, but it's done in a pretty nice way. And, the cool thing, we finally saw some Kangaroos. Live. Eye to eye. Woohooo ;-) Of course there will be hundreds of pics to come...so stay tuned ;-)

We really spent about 5 hours in this cool place and finally, before leaving enjoyed a marvellous view down from Taronga Zoo over the harbour bay at the opera, the bridge and the skyline. Awwweeeeeeessooooooomeeee :)

When finishing the zoo-thing we wen't back to circular quay and then headed to newtown for dinner. We went into a nice chinese byo. Looked cheap, was cheap ;-) but the food was ok. So well done :)

Afterwards we went for a drink to the Bond Hotel. Again a pretty nice location and after the managed to get the heater on it was even cool at the outside. But since we all (some of us more than the others ;-)) have been pretty tired we didn't stay that long and went back to the cbd where our ways finally split ;-)

so, till now, it was quite a nice weekend. Tomorrow there'll be some volleyball at our usual venue and some discussions with my flatmates...lets see what the day brings ;-)

but so long, have a nice one! :)

oh..before i forget: today i received a letter from the australian super. After entering this 'club' ;-) at the beginning of march i finally got my super-card and a letter from my uni (nothing important - actually kind of commercial thing) great! thx guys! ;-)

0 Kommentare: